supplierdeeply

Chdk for SX130 IS ?

• 1095 Replies
Re: Chdk for SX130 IS ?
« Reply #360 on: 22 / March / 2011, 11:42:03 »
Advertisements
@achilies

How you use the Fast Motion Detection ?

What setting you left in the script to do this picture?
SX40HS

« Reply #361 on: 22 / March / 2011, 14:17:17 »
guys, please, tell me, what 'autobuild' means?

i decide to risk and install chdk :) but, i don't know, what to choose: quid version from #272 message, or this not the clear for me 'autobuild'?
« Last Edit: 22 / March / 2011, 14:51:58 by hidden »

« Reply #362 on: 22 / March / 2011, 14:49:49 »
guys, please, tell me, what is 'autobuild' means?

from my understanding its a stable Release

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #363 on: 22 / March / 2011, 14:58:24 »

Autobuild -> http://forum.chdk-treff.de/download.php allows you to build your own CHDK online using the German tunk (current version 601).  You can also try CHDK-Shell (look at the CHDK WIKI) to build CHDK using your PC.  If you use CHDK-Shell to compile your own international version (currently 1094) you need to "apply a patch" to insert the sx130 (the patch is in post 272 on this forum).

@achilies
How you use the Fast Motion Detection ?
What setting you left in the script to do this picture?

Depending on what I'm (trying) to take a picture of, the Motion Detect settings (and camera settings)  are different.  You really need to experiment to find the best settings for your environment.  I used manual mode on the camera for these pictures (1/15th shutter, 200 ISO, f5.6-2?). If you'd like I'll look more at the script settings.
« Last Edit: 22 / March / 2011, 15:24:50 by achillies »
Don't let the sands of time get in your lunch.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #364 on: 22 / March / 2011, 16:02:12 »
from my understanding its a stable Release
No. It is simply a build that has been made automatically. This does not imply any particular level of safety, completeness or stability.

In the main CHDK autobuild, we generally don't enable builds until the port is reasonably finished, and mark them as "beta" at first. The CHDKDE autobuilds include some more experimental ports AFAIK.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #365 on: 22 / March / 2011, 16:16:43 »
And not to confuse the situation, but the German CHDK builds have a few enhancements/differences from the international builds.  I have asked what the differences in the builds are and received a reply but I don't know where on the forum this info is.  I do know there are additional scripts in the complete CHDK-DE build, and some additional settings, but it's very easy to switch between CHDK versions and test by simply swapping SD cards!

In the interest of saving you time, here are current builds.  601 is CHDK-DE (not necessary to patch) and 1094 is CHDK international (patched with Quids patch from #272).  As always, use at your own risk!
« Last Edit: 22 / March / 2011, 16:36:12 by achillies »

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #366 on: 22 / March / 2011, 17:27:36 »
Autobuild is not a quality feature. Autobuild is an offer to make to current version soon in binary form.

CHDK autobuild is more conservative with safe functionality. And that's a good thing!

CHDK-DE is more experimentally with some expanded and changed functions. The language is by default German. Especially the DOF calculator has been changed, because we believe that the old do not always provide accurate results. There are also a number of new script commands (curve functions, configration, file attribute function and so on), various small improvements and some cosmetic changes. We have also implemented some additional cameras so that the started work is not lost. For this we have introduced the alpha status.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #367 on: 22 / March / 2011, 18:08:33 »
well hidden i apologize for being inaccurate and to everyone else sorry for the confusion

« Reply #368 on: 22 / March / 2011, 19:59:37 »
@quid
hello:
I want to know if you cancel the project because the lens error appeared
I'm confused

Offline achillies

• SX130IS
« Reply #369 on: 23 / March / 2011, 00:42:00 »
Well, he can't have mine back!  Just kidding.. but no, really he can't.

To clarify (I hope).  CHDK is a pretty big project.  It covers many, many Canon cameras, and when used in SOME of these cameras CHDK works flawlessly.  However, each camera is different in many ways. Two cameras may both have 12.1MP, use Digic 4, and have many other similar features, but the programming/program memory locations/etc.. for the cameras is different. Blame it on canon or mother nature, it doesn't matter, that's just the way it is.  For this reason (different programming/program memory locations/etc.) each camera has a specific CHDK version developed for that model and canon firmware version.  The guy doing that development has to have two things.  One is the knowledge of this type of programming, and the other is the camera.  In our case this is/was mainly Quid.

I am currently using the version for our camera made possible by Quid.  I don't think it has crashed (DURING MY NORMAL USAGE) for any reason since I installed it.  I can MAKE it crash by doing things like sending too many lua commands too quickly, but most people will never do that, and I certainly am not trying to crash my camera.

My point is just that you can still use the version that is currently available because it always will be available.
I do hope that Quid has another SX130is dropped gently from heaven in his lap so that he will feel more comfortable developing/improving again (if he has stopped... he just said that he didn't feel comfortable and I can't speak for him in any capacity because I don't know him).  It would be great to have a version of CHDK other than alpha for our cameras.

I'm curious to know if he's still USING CHDK.  And I'm curious how far he had to drive (twice) to get his camera fixed.  If I ever get to Europe, there are several people for whom I'd like to buy a beer!