Chdk for SX130 IS ?

• 1095 Replies
Re: Chdk for SX130 IS ?
« Reply #70 on: 02 / January / 2011, 12:12:15 »
Advertisements
Well does it work??

« Reply #71 on: 02 / January / 2011, 14:18:34 »
I can't load because diskboot.bin isn't encoded here.

Can you please make bootable version of binaries?

« Reply #72 on: 03 / January / 2011, 10:18:29 »
Great!

One bug: OSD->Misc. values->Show Zoom:
When zoom to more than 3x/105mm. equiv., the display remains 3x/105mm. equiv. And doubt if the number is correct.

And does overides or bracketing work?
« Last Edit: 03 / January / 2011, 11:08:05 by liuhb86 »

« Reply #73 on: 03 / January / 2011, 15:56:10 »
When will canon sx130 IS chdk release?

« Reply #74 on: 03 / January / 2011, 17:16:30 »
How did you manage to take a picture? I downloaded the above bin file, and it immediately crashes upon entering capture mode. Also I can't manage to build it as it is complaining about "-mthumb-interwork" being an unrecognized option. I built the compiler from gcc 4.3.3

Offline quid

• SX130IS
« Reply #75 on: 04 / January / 2011, 15:15:53 »
To all looking for stable and/or usable CHDK build:
CHDK port for this camera is in very early stage. Most of CHDK functionality is not implemented or is not working correctly, and camera crashes sometimes in low memory situations.
There is no point to test this build, unless you want to help with development. There is no point in reporting bugs in specific features at this stage. Don't ask when it will be released or when some features will be implemented - all work is done in free time.

- Corrected aspect ratio (Edge overlay works), battery meter voltages, zoom, aperture and shutter tables.
- Re-enabled FI2 binary in build.

Offline quid

• SX130IS
« Reply #76 on: 04 / January / 2011, 15:22:13 »
How did you manage to take a picture? I downloaded the above bin file, and it immediately crashes upon entering capture mode.

Try with empty SD card and start directly in capture mode.

Also I can't manage to build it as it is complaining about "-mthumb-interwork" being an unrecognized option. I built the compiler from gcc 4.3.3

If you are on Windows, try gcc 4.5.1 from CHDK-Shell package.

« Reply #77 on: 04 / January / 2011, 16:00:24 »
I've managed a good way to make shooting photos work:

- Copy latest CHDK package to SD on camera.
- Turn it on via playback button.
- "update" firmware.
- Switch to capture mode using SWITCH on top of the camera!
- Now everything works :). Even when you switch using playback button.

Regards from Poland, and congratulations of yours work effects as nearly working CHDK on SX130IS!
/haker305

« Reply #78 on: 05 / January / 2011, 04:34:28 »
How did you manage to take a picture? I downloaded the above bin file, and it immediately crashes upon entering capture mode.

Try with empty SD card and start directly in capture mode.
I got it to enter "capture" mode (video recording, correct?). I was able to take a video, but not a picture (upon entering any other mode the camera shows a few frames and then crashes.

Also I can't manage to build it as it is complaining about "-mthumb-interwork" being an unrecognized option. I built the compiler from gcc 4.3.3

If you are on Windows, try gcc 4.5.1 from CHDK-Shell package.

I am actually using Linux to compile my code (set up my environment per the instructions on the wiki), and I was able to build previous builds without any changes except the patch.

Also thank you for your hard work on getting this to work, I hope to get the remote function and photo capturing working, so I can build a planned book scanner.
« Last Edit: 05 / January / 2011, 12:09:10 by KillerGardevoir »

Offline quid

• SX130IS
« Reply #79 on: 05 / January / 2011, 13:02:30 »
I got it to enter "capture" mode (video recording, correct?). I was able to take a video, but not a picture (upon entering any other mode the camera shows a few frames and then crashes.

Could you check firmware version of your camera using procedure below?
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Ver.req#Q._How_can_I_get_the_original_firmware_version_number_of_my_camera.3F

I am actually using Linux to compile my code (set up my environment per the instructions on the wiki), and I was able to build previous builds without any changes except the patch.

Sorry, I don't have any experience with building CHDK on Linux...